Thursday 11 June 2015

Perimeter and Area Lesson


To begin with, a few weeks ago, I taught some children in 4CD maths class about perimeter and area. First, I explained I was finding it hard and I had to have extra help with Miss Bedford, who is my maths teacher. I went home, feeling unhappy about the topic. I told my mum about it and, luckily, she offered to help me with it. My hopes were raised and I skipped downstairs to get a pad and pen. From that day on, I was confident in maths and did two PowerPoints on the topic!
Working out perimeter and area
My theme of the lesson for 4CD was the Lego movie, and I gave the children some Lego to help them. 
Calculating the area of Lego shapes
We did questions such as “Emmet built a car. All the lengths were 4cm. What was the perimeter and what was the area?”. After we did that, I asked if anybody knew that perimeter and area was part of maths before I gave the lesson and nobody put their hands up. I then asked who knew it now; guess what, everybody put their hand up! It was the best day of my life!!! 
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment